Thursday, March 9, 2017

DHT22 temperature and humidity sensor



Intro

The DHT11/DHT22 is a quite popular sensor in the maker scene. It's a temperature and humidity sensor.
Easy-to-use, quite accurate and also affordable. If you're looking for examples of self made weather stations, you'll find that many makers use exactly this sensor. There are many different temperature sensors on the market. But only few, cheap humidity sensors.

Wiring

Code

 I didn't develop any code for this. Since, when you search for DHT in the Library Manager and install a fitting library, you can load an example and it will work. (see video).

Video


1-Wire bus

While searching the internet I found several different datasheets to this sensor and many different tutorials to this sensor and how to implement a pullup resistor to this. So I tested different configuration myself. And I found out that the sensor would even work without any resistors. The sensor using the 1-Wire bus. So I would recommend using a resistor. About the correct value I'm unsure. But it seems everything between 1kOhm and 10kOhm will work just fine.

Links

Amazon
DHT22 Sensor
Arduino Nano
Breadboard
Resistors

No comments:

Post a Comment